Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.
OE'S MESSAGE REGARDING COVID-19
First and most of all, we hope you and yours are staying healthy during these difficult times. The unexpected coronavirus has left many Americans feeling uncertain about venturing away from home and we understand that. At Outland Expeditions, the health, safety, and well-being of both our guests and our staff has been and always will be our number one priority.
Team Outland is moving forward with plans for an outstanding season of Ocoee River rafting adventures. We anticipate opening our doors and offering white water rafting trips, however we will remain flexible and revise operations if needed. We are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic situation daily, and like you, hoping for good news. Rest assured, we are following CDC and local government guidelines and we’re taking a few additional steps to maintain our clean and healthy outpost.
WHEN TO STAY HOME.
- If you or someone in your group are 1)experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or 2)has been exposed to COVID-19, please DO NOT come to Outland Expeditions, but contact us by phone no later than 24 hours before your trip. We will be happy to reschedule your trip for later in the 2020 rafting season or postpone your trip until the 2021 rafting season.
- If Outland Expeditions is recommended or required by any state or federal agency to close due to COVID-19, WE WILL NOTIFY YOU ASAP. We will be happy to reschedule your trip for later in the 2020 rafting season, postpone your trip until the 2021 rafting season, or give you a full refund.
- Outland Expeditions team members are required to stay home if they 1)have fever, 2)experience symptoms of COVID-19, or 3)have recently been exposed.
AT THE OUTPOST
- We are currently recommending all guests follow CDC recommendations at all times. We require all guests to wear a shirt and shorts/pants. We strongly encourage all guests to bring personal face covers and wear them when indoors and during bus rides to and from the river.
- All buses and rafting gear (seats, handrails, life jackets, helmets, paddles, etc.) will be sanitized between each trip. All outpost restrooms will be sanitized between trips as well.
- Outland Expeditions team members will be cleaning surfaces and frequently touched items often and we have installed an outdoor sanitizing station for guests to use before entering and after visiting the Outpost Store.
BOOK THE BOAT
- If you would like to guarantee only your family or group members are in the same boat, we recommend booking seats in increments of 6. (Each boat holds 6 rafters.) For example, if your group consists of only 5 guests, you can book an additional seat to ensure you have the raft to yourselves.
During this time of uncertainty, we know how difficult it is to make travel plans, even for outdoor adventures. For this reason, we are offering flexible policies to help guests feel confident. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-827-1442 with questions or special requests. It is our greatest hope COVID-19 will be behind us soon!
Our best to you and yours,
Outland Expeditions Team